So you have registered? Now what?
1. Send an Email! Write an email, from your own inbox, to family and friends inviting them to join your team and donate to your page. At the bottom of this page, there is a sample letter to use. Be sure to insert the URL from your fundraising page by copying and pasting.
2. Sell Sheep! These cute little sheep are not a "baaaaaa"d way to raise money! They can be sold for any dollar amount the donor chooses - and then they can be displayed with the donors name for everyone to see! These work great in restaurants, schools, corporations or any place that has people who are motivated to end homelessness!
3. Feed the Piggies! You can foster a piggy bank from The Lord’s Place, and return when it is full. Your donation will go toward your team. Piggy banks are great at local stores, restaurants, schools and even at your own house. Piggy banks are also a great way to teach children about giving back. Foster one today!
4. Put the FUN in FUNdraising! Consider a lemonade stand, a garage sale, a bake sale or a car wash… there are lots of FUN ways to raise money for The Lord’s Place. Be sure you let us know what you are doing to raise money – we want to let the world know about your FUN endeavor!
5. Spread the Word! The Lord’s Place has rack cards, buttons, bumper stickers and more! Please let us know what you need to spread the word about this great event!
Subject: It’s time for SleepOut – please help me end homelessness
It’s that time of year again! The Lord’s Place is launching its TENTH annual SleepOut to raise awareness of the issue of homelessness in our community and I will once again camp out under the stars in support of this great cause.
Every day, The Lord’s Place makes a difference in the lives of homeless men, women and children. Its mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by providing housing, food, education and support that leads clients to lives of economic independence and self-sufficiency. Last year, The Lord’s Place provided supportive housing to 337 individuals, including 51 families. By the end of the year 94% of our clients were no longer homeless. The Lord’s Place success is due to an unwavering commitment to its clients and an approach that balances compassion and personal responsibility. The Lord’s Place is a leading agency in Palm Beach County dedicated to ending homelessness once and for all.
You can help in one of two ways:
1) You can donate to Add Your Team Name Here by following the link at the bottom of this email.
Simply fill out the donation form and you’re done!
2) You can join Add Your Team Name Here by registering to participate in SleepOut and selecting Add Your Team Name Here from the dropdown:
Join me as I pitch a tent and participate in SleepOut on April 7th, and help me leverage your circle of influence by joining the team and helping raise money for this great cause. All of the information regarding the actual event can be found at: https://www.SleepOutTLP.org/
Donate using my participant page: ADD YOUR PERSONAL URL HERE